Join the latest baking craze and make a delicious show-stopping Unicorn Cake. Our Unicorn Cake kit comes with absolutely everything you need to make a Unicorn Cake at home. This seriously impressive cake is as fun to make as it is to eat!
Each layer of this four-tier Unicorn Cake is flavoured with vanilla, and then sandwiched together using vanilla buttercream, covered with rainbow coloured sprinkles and your favourite designs from our Unicorn cake topper kit!
The Unicorn Cake kit contains all natural colours - meaning there are no nasties to worry about. The kit comes with all the dry ingredients perfectly weighed out, disposable baking tins and baking paper. All you need to add is eggs, butter and milk.
What's it good for? The Unicorn Cake makes a fantastic birthday cake for children.
What's in the Box?
The kit contains:
- Rainbow Cake Mix - including Red Cake Mix, Orange Cake Mix, Yellow Cake Mix, Green Cake Mix
- Icing Sugar
- Unicorn Topper Kit
- 4 round single use baking tins
- 4 sheets of baking paper
- 1 testing skewer
- 1 butter measure
- 1 cake board
How to make your Unicorn Cake
The kit comes with a step-by-step recipe card showing you exactly how to make your Rainbow Cake, but it couldn't be more simple!
- Preheat your oven and line each tin with the baking paper provided
- Mix your butter with the contents of Bag 1 before adding 1 egg and 20ml milk. Mix until smooth and creamy, and then pour into the prepared tin
- Repeat with Bag 2, 3 and 4 using a clean bowl and an empty baking tin each time
- Bake the cakes for 20-25 minutes. Leave in the tins for 10 minutes after cooking, and then cool on a wire rack
- For the icing, cream the butter and then gradually add the icing sugar until smooth. Slowly add 40ml of milk until the buttercream is smooth but still stiff enough to hold its shape.
- Empty the sachet of food colouring (bag 6) into a small bowl & mix with 1tsp of water until it is a small paste. GRadually add it to the icing mixture.
- To assemble the cake, first lay the green layer on the centre of the cake board. Spread over 4 tbsp of the icing onto the green layer and then top with the Yellow layer. Continue alternating layers of icing and cake using the orange and then the red layer
- Use the remaining icing to cover the top and sides of the cake, using a knife to smooth down the surface. Decorate with sprinkles and your favourite designs from the topper kit!
Ingredients and Nutritional Information
Not suitable for vegetarians
Ingredients: Icing sugar: (sugar (97%), maize starch), self-raising flour (wheat flour, raising agents (sodium acid pyrophosphate and sodium bicarbonate), statutory nutrition (calcium, niacin, iron, thiamin)), caster sugar, rainbow sprinkles (sugar, maize starch, concentrates (sweet potato, spirulina, radish, apple, carrot, hibiscus), coconut oil, colours (lutein, paprika), glazing agent (beeswax)), baking powder (raising agents (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, calcium phosphate), wheat flour (calcium, niacin, iron, thiamin)), red food colouring (carmine, paprika, burnt sugar, gum acacia, maltodextrin, potassium hydroxide, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract), beta carotene food colourant: (gum acacia, maltodextrin, vegetable oil, beta carotene, rosemary extract, DL alpha tocopherols, silicon dioxide), natural vanilla flavour: (natural flavouring substances, carriers: maltodextrin, propylene glycol; anti-caking agent), chlorophyll food colourant: (sodium copper chlorophyllin powder).
Allergens: for allergens, see ingredients in bold
May contain traces of milk, soya and nuts.
Nutritional Information (per 100g as sold): Energy 1587kJ / 374kcal, Fat 0.3g (on which saturates 0.0g), Carbohydrates 90g (of which sugars 75g), Protein 2.1g, Salt 0.04g