If you've got a question about the Baking Club, have a look at our most frequently asked questions below to find your answer. For anything else, our friendly customer services team can help. Just send us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
- ▼What is the Baking Club?
- The Baking Club is a subscription service that gives you everything you need to make a delicious and exciting new bake, every month! All our recipes are exclusively approved by Michel Roux - one of the world's finest pastry chefs - so you can guarantee our recipes will always be delicious.
Each Baking Club box contains a step-by-step recipe card for a new bake each month, plus all of the dry ingredients you'll need to make it as well as some handy extras such as baking paper, testing skewer and butter measure, where needed for the bake.
The Baking Club gives you the baking from scratch experience at home, without any of the fuss or waste of normal baking.
- ◄Will I need to add anything to the ingredients?
- Each Baking Club box contains all the dry ingredients you'll need for your bake - just add the fresh ones! These typically include eggs and butter, but sometimes fresh fruit and cream. We always email out a shopping list on the day the boxes leave our factory to make sure you've got plenty of time to buy the recommended fresh ingredients ready for your bake. Keep an eye out for these emails in your inbox around the middle of each month.
- ◄Are the Baking Club boxes suitable for nut allergy sufferers?
- Some of our Baking Club recipes contain nuts, and our factory handles nuts (but not peanuts or sesame seeds) so we're unable to cater for allergies, or guarantee that the Baking Club will be suitable for nut allergy sufferers. We hope to be able to rectify this soon!
- ◄Are the Baking Club recipes suitable for vegans/vegetarians?
- Some of the Baking Club boxes we send out include animal products, for example marshmallows and gelatine. Because of that, we can't guarantee our products are suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- ◄Do you do a gluten free Baking Club box?
- Sadly all of our baking kits contain wheat flour and are therefore not suitable for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. This may change in future, so do keep your eyes peeled for news!
- ◄When is payment taken for each box?
- Depending on the subscription you signed up for, your payment will be taken on the 1st of the month every month for rolling subscriptions, every 3 months for the 3 month subscription, or every 6 months for the 6 month subscription.
- ◄What is the cut-off time for each month's box?
- The cut-off date to sign up for each month's box is the 1st of the month. For example, order by the 1st January to receive January's box, otherwise you'll automatically be on the list to receive February's box.
- ◄Why have I been charged again?
- Other than gift subscriptions which do expire, all our Baking Club subscriptions are auto-renewing subscriptions that mean you'll be charged again once your current billing cycle is up. If you want to cancel your subscription, make sure you do it before the 1st of the month to stop you from being charged again.
- ◄When will I receive my box?
- We send each box out in the middle of the month - normally around the 15th.
- ◄Where is my box?
- If you've been waiting a little while for your box, remember that our subscription boxes are sent out in the middle of each month. Order by the 1st of each month to receive that month's box in the middle of the month. Any orders that come in after the 1st of each month will automatically receive the following month's box in the middle of that month. For example, if you ordered on the 1st January, you would receive the January baking kit on or around the 15th January. If you ordered any day between the 2nd January and 1st February, you will receive the February baking kit on or around the 15th February.
If you still think you should have received your box by now, email email@example.com and we'll look into it for you :)
- ◄Do I need to be in to receive my box?
- Nope! That's the beauty of our Baking Club boxes. They're designed to fit straight through most letterboxes! If you live in a flat or somewhere with communal post boxes that can't take parcels, please note the postman may need someone to be home to receive them.
- ◄What kind of tins do I need?
- We design all the recipes in our Baking Club so that you only ever need to use a baking sheet, loaf tin, muffin tin, round cake tins and a square tin. We promise you'll never need anything else! And to help you out, we've put together a handy little bakeware bundle available at a fantastic price, so you don't even need to shop around!
- ◄What are the recipes like?
- We like to keep our recipes a secret until a few days after we send the boxes out. That way, you get a lovely surprise when it lands on your doorstep! We do, however, email out a shopping list on dispatch day to make sure you've got all the ingredients you need to get baking right away. To give you an idea of the recipes we've done in the past, have a look at some of our past Baking Club recipes here.
- ◄Can I send a Baking Club subscription as a gift?
- Absolutely! We think the Baking Club makes a great gift, and have designed 3 different gift subscriptions to suit all occasions and all budgets! Choose from a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month gift subscription here, and be prepared for a LOT of thank yous!
- ◄I ordered a gift subscription but only received one box. Where's the rest of my gift?
- The lucky recipient will have received their first box along with a gift certificate straight away, but they'll need to follow the instructions on the gift certificate to redeem their remaining boxes. They can do that by heading to bakedingifts.co.uk and entering the unique voucher code in the activation form. If they've lost their gift certificate, drop us a note on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be able to help :)
- ◄Where can I manage my subscription?
- To make changes to your subscription, including changing your shipping address, changing your payment method, your email address or to cancel it completely, head to the Account page and select 'Manage My Subscription' once logged in. Simples!
- ◄How do I change my address?
- If you're on a rolling subscription that you ordered yourself, you can make the change in the 'Manage My Subscription' section of your Account page. If you were given a subscription as a gift or don't have an account with us, drop us a note to email@example.com and we'll help you from there.
- ◄How do I cancel my subscription?
- If you're thinking of cancelling your subscription, we'd hate to see you go, but understand that life sometimes gets in the way of our baking time! You can cancel your auto-renewing subscription in the 'Manage My Subscription' section of your Account page, or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll make sure it's all done for you. Make sure you do it before the 1st of the month, as this will help us get your cancellation through before your next payment is taken. Remember - if you want to come back at any time, we'll be right here!
If your question isn't answered here, feel free to email us at email@example.com and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.