The perfect bubbly bake for Prosecco and cake lovers, this baking kit creates a show-stopping naked layer prosecco cake with a delicious strawberry centre! It’s still baking from scratch, but with much less fuss and mess thanks to our exclusive baking kits. We give you all the dry ingredients perfectly weighed out, plus a few handy extras to help you along. Our four-layer prosecco cake recipe has been exclusively approved by Michel Roux OBE.
The prosecco cake is made up of four layers of sweet vanilla sponge, drizzled with a prosecco syrup, a delicious fresh strawberry centre and topped with a prosecco flavoured buttercream and white chocolate curls scattered over.
This Strawberry & Prosecco Cake kit contains all the dry ingredients you need to make your Prosecco Cake, plus a prosecco miniature, baking paper, testing skewer and even the tins to bake your sponges in. Just add strawberries, butter, eggs and a splash of milk.
The Strawberry & Prosecco cake kit is perfect for all special occasions, including birthday cakes, anniversaries and hen parties, or even as a DIY wedding cake or wedding favours.
What's in the Box?
The kit contains: Prosecco Cake Mix, Icing Mix, Belgian White Chocolate Curls, Prosecco (200ml), 4 x single use baking tins, 4 x baking paper circles, butter measure and recipe card.
How to make your Strawberry & Prosecco Cake
Our Strawberry & Prosecco Cake is as easy to make as it is to eat!
- First, preheat your oven and line the 4 cake tins with the baking paper provided.
- In a large bowl, beat soft butter with the contents of Bag 1. Whisk in the eggs one at a time until well combined. Add in the milk and scrape down the sides to ensure it's all mixed in.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 4 tins and use a spatula to smooth the tops down. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Once baked, place the tins on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes before removing the cakes from the tins and transferring to the wire rack.
- Meanwhile, make the prosecco syrup. Gently heat the prosecco and the contents of Bag 2 in a pan. Stir and wait for the sugar to dissolve before turning up the heat and bubbling for 3 minutes. Leave to cool. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the syrup onto each sponge.
- For the icing, beat butter until light and creamy. Beat in the contents of Bag 3 in 4 stages until it starts to combine. At this point, add about 3 tablespoons of the Prosecco syrup and beat for around 2 mins until smooth and creamy.
- When ready to assemble the cake, set aside 4 of the prettiest strawberries you have. Thinly slice the remaining strawberries. Place your first sponge on the provided cake board, then spread on a layer of icing. Layer on 1/3 of the sliced strawberries and then add the next layer of sponge. Repeat this process twice more, finishing with the final cake layer.
- Cover the top and thinly spread the rest of the icing around the sides, scraping your spatula or knife close to the edge of the cake to create the 'naked' effect. Chill for 30 minutes. To decorate, add the strawberries on to the centre of the cake and scatter over the white chocolate sprinkles in Bag 4.
Ingredients and Nutritional Information
Ingredients (allergens in bold): Icing sugar, (sugar, anti-caking agent: corn flour), self raising flour (wheat flour, raising agents (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), statutory nutrients (calcium, niacin, iron, thiamin), caster sugar, prosecco (contains sulphites, ABV 11.5%), white chocolate curls (sugar, full cream milk powder, cocoa butter, natural vanilla flavouring, emulsifier: soya lecithin), baking powder (wheat flour (wheat flour, calcium carbonate, iron, niacin, thiamine), raising agents (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), natural vanilla flavouring.
Nutritional Information (per 100g as sold): Energy 1398kJ / 329kcal, Fat 1.01g (of which saturates 0.4g), Carbohydrates 77.3g (of which sugars 60.8g), Protein 2.4g, Salt 0.02g