Bake your own delicious gingerbread house and gingerbread biscuits from scratch, with our baking kit featuring an exclusive recipe by Michel Roux OBE. Includes all the dry ingredients to make the gingerbread, templates to cut the house pieces from, icing mix, piping bag and candy to decorate.
1. Heat the oven to 190°C / fan 170°C / gas mark 6. Melt the butter and sugar (bag 1) then leave to cool.
2. Mix the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda (bag 2) with the butter mixture. Add water, a tablespoon at a time, whilst kneading until the dough holds itself together.
3. Roll out the dough between the A3 baking papers slightly thicker than a pound coin.
4. Use templates to cut two of each shape and use the spare for gingerbread people / biscuits.
5. Unwrap the fruit drops (bag 3) and place into the empty bag provided. Crush with a rolling pin into small pieces. Place your dough shapes onto the A4 baking paper and transfer to a baking tray. Cut a window in each rectangle. Fill the windows with the crushed sweets.
6. Bake each batch for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
7. Sift the icing sugar (bag 4) into a bowl. Whisk the egg white until frothy and add little by little until you have a very thick, but still flowing icing. Place the icing into the piping bag provided.
8. Pipe the icing generously along the wall edges, and piece together.
9. Once the house has set use the leftover icing to pipe designs and stick your sweets (bags 5, 6, 7 & 8) to your gingerbread house.
10. See the recipe card inside for more detailed instructions. Don’t be afraid to experiment with your decorations and have lots of festive fun!
Plain white flour (wheat flour, statutory nutrients: calcium, niacin, iron, thiamin), icing sugar (sugar), dark brown sugar: (sugar, cane molasses), sugar, colours: beetroot red, mixed carotenes, anthocyanins, titanium dioxide, plain caramel, curcumin, copper complexes of chlorophyllins; glazing agents: shellac, gum arabic, carnauba wax, beeswax; orange flavouring, fruit drops (glucose syrup, sugar, acid: lactic acid; acidity regulator: sodium lactate; flavours, natural colours: E141, E161c, E161b, E163), ground ginger, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice (coriander, cassia, ginger, nutmeg, fennel, cloves, cardamom).
Milk chocolate beans: milk chocolate (50%)(sugar, cocoa butter, skimmed milkpowder, cocoa mass, whole milk powder, whey powder (milk), butteroil (milk), emulsifier: soya lecithin; flavouring)
Allergens: for allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Made in a factory that handles milk, wheat, soya and nuts.
Nutritional Information (per 100g as sold): Energy 1563kJ / 368kcal, Fat 1.6g (of which saturates 0.7g), Carbohydrates 83g (of which sugars 48g), Protein 5.1g, Salt 0.62g
The lucky recipient will receive their first box immediately and will be one of our PREVIOUS bakes but will need to follow the instructions on the gift certificate to redeem the remaining boxes. If you select the delayed shipping option, we'll send the first box and certificate the week commencing 14th December, along with a little sticker on the package telling them not to open before Christmas.
**Please Note: Our Baking Club boxes may contain nuts and so are not suitable for people with nut allergies**
The Bakedin baking subscription boxes make the perfect gift for the baking lover in your life. Treat them to a 3-month subscription to The Bakedin Baking Club. The lucky recipient will receive a unique baking kit each month.
Each box contains all the dry ingredients, packed separately in the right quantities to give baking from scratch experience. We even include extras such as baking paper and handy butter measure. We only use the best ingredients in our kits, including award-winning local flour, Belgian chocolate and ground Madagascan vanilla.
Previous recipes have included; Carrot Cake Cookies, Raspberry Eton Mess Cake and a Sticky Toffee Drip Cake!
Perfect as a gift for baking lovers on their birthdays, mother's day, father's day, anniversaries, weddings, new home, Christmas or just a special thank you.
When you purchase a gift subscription we send out a personalised gift certificate and the first month's box immediately. The gift certificate is customisable so leave your personalised message in the ‘Gift Message’ section, or leave blank and we will send a blank certificate.
The first box is sent to the shipping address you give us, along with a gift certificate, information about how the baking club works and a unique voucher code. The recipient activates the voucher to receive the remaining boxes at their preferred address.