Create your own unique celebration cake, that is only limited by your imagination. With over 1 million combinations possible, you can create the perfect cake for any occasion.
Using our kits you can customise the cake layers, icing and decorations. All our colourings are natural, and we use top-notch ingredients such as award-winning British flour and Belgian chocolate.
All the cake layers are vanilla flavoured except the chocolate, which is...well chocolate! All you need is butter, eggs and milk to rustle up a cake that easily feeds 12 hungry adults, or 24 children (which means it's perfect for birthday parties!).
All this for just £9.99
To make your baking experience even easier you can add a set of 4 disposable tins and 4 siliconised baking paper circles for £2.50 extra. And NOW you can add one of our cake topper kits! Choose from either Mermaid, Unicorn or Dinosaur for only £3.99 to really give your cake the WOW factor.
1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan /gas mark 4. Grease and line 4 round tins. If you don’t have 4 tins you can bake in batches.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine 60g of soft butter with the first cake layer bag until it forms a crumb consistency. Add 1 egg and 15ml of milk and mix until smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture into one of your prepared tins and smooth out.
3. Repeat step 2 with the other 3 cake layer bags, using a clean bowl and a newly prepared baking tin each time.
4. Bake the sponges for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer or knife comes out clean when inserted into the centre. Leave in the tins for 10 minutes then remove and place on a wire rack to cool fully. The outside of the sponges will darken as they bake, but once cut the colours will show through. All our colours are natural, so there may be a little variance from batch to batch.
5. In a large bowl cream 260g of soft butter until smooth. Add the icing sugar bag gradually and mix well. If you’re using a plain or chocolate buttercream, then add 1 tsp of milk or water to your buttercream and mix until smooth.
6. If you are using a coloured buttercream, empty the colouring sachet into a small bowl and mix with 1 tsp of water until you have a smooth paste. The shade of your buttercream will depend on how much colour paste you add. We suggest you gradually add a few drops at a time, mixing the buttercream after each addition. When you have reached your desired shade you can begin icing your cake.
7. Place a small amount of buttercream in the centre of a cake board or plate and lay your base layer on top, pushing down lightly to secure in place. Spoon around 4 tbsp of the icing onto the cake and spread evenly to the edges. Place the second sponge on top. Continue alternating layers of icing and cake, using your other two chosen cake layers.
8. Use the remaining icing to cover the top and sides of the cake, using the flat edge of a knife to smooth the surface. Decorate with your chosen sprinkles.
Top tip: To get a really crisp finish to your buttercream apply what is known as a “crumb coat”. In step 8, apply a very thin layer to the top and sides and then refrigerate the cake for about 20 mins to firm up the buttercream. Remove from the fridge and apply the remainder of the buttercream to the top and sides.
Join the latest baking craze and make a delicious show-stopping Rainbow Cake. Our Rainbow Cake kit comes with absolutely everything you need to make a Rainbow Cake at home. This seriously impressive cake is as fun to make as it is to eat!
Each layer of this four-tier Rainbow Cake is flavoured with vanilla, and then sandwiched together using vanilla buttercream and covered with rainbow coloured sprinkles.
The Rainbow Cake kit contains all natural colours - meaning there are no nasties to worry about. The kit comes with all the dry ingredients perfectly weighed out, disposable baking tins and baking paper. All you need to add is eggs, butter and milk.
What's it good for? The Rainbow Cake makes a fantastic birthday cake for children, but is also perfect for any special occasion including anniversaries, family get-togethers and alternative weddings!
The kit contains:
The kit comes with a step-by-step recipe card showing you exactly how to make your Rainbow Cake, but it couldn't be more simple!
This kit is not suitable for Vegetarians
Ingredients: Self Raising flour (Wheat Flour, Raising Agents (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate and Sodium Bicarbonate), Statutory Nutrition (Calcium, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin)), Caster Sugar, Baking Powder: Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine), Raising Agents (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate ), Natural Colour: Paprika Extract, Burnt Sugar, Carmine, Copper Complexes of Chlorophyllin, Beta Carotene, Anthocyanins, Natural Vanilla flavouring.
Allergens: for allergens, see ingredients in bold
May contain traces of milk, soya and nuts.
Nutritional Information (per 100g as sold): Energy 1609kJ / 379kcal, Fat 0.4g (on which saturates 0.1g), Carbohydrates 91g (of which sugars 74g), Protein 2.2g, Salt 0.03g