Makes 12 portions of delicious sticky toffee cake. The recipe has been approved by Michel Roux and is perfect served with ice cream or custard. Your kit will contain all of the dry ingredients that you’ll need, a step-by-step recipe card and even some handy extras to help you along.
What's in the Box?
- Premium dry ingredients in exact amounts needed
- Step-by-step recipe
- Foil baking tray & baking paper
- Butter measure
- Cake testing skewer
How to make it?
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4 (160oC fan assisted), then grease and line the foil tray provided.
- Put the dates and bicarbonate of soda (bag 1) in a small pan, cover with 175ml boiling water, and heat gently on the hob for 3 mins until soft. Put to one side.
- Cream 85g of soft butter with the caster sugar and vanilla (bag 2). Add the our (bag 3) and mix well. Beat in the egg, then stir in the cooled date mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin, level out the top and bake for 30-35 mins.
- Allow to cool, then pierce holes all over the cake with the skewer provided.
- In a small pan, combine the light brown sugar (bag 4) with 40g of butter and 30ml of milk. Simmer for 2 mins, to make a rich toffee sauce. Spoon the toffee sauce over the cake, allowing the sauce to seep into the holes.
Ingredients and Nutritional Information
Ingredients (allergens in bold): Ingredients: self raising flour (wheat flour, raising agents (sodium acid, pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), statutory nutrients (calcium, niacin, iron, thiamin)), chopped dates (30%) (dates, rice flour), caster sugar, soft light brown sugar (14%) (sugar, cane molasses), raising agent: bicarbonate of soda, ground Madagascan vanilla.
Nutritional Information (per 100g as sold): Energy 1506kJ / 355kcal, Fat 0.5g (on which saturates 0g), Carbohydrates 82g (of which sugars 59g), Protein 3.4g, Salt 0g