Our celebration cake kits are perfect as gifts or to make baking impressive celebration cakes hassle free. Everyone has a birthday so these kits are popular all year round. These comprehensive kits contain 4 foil tins, baking paper circles, cake board, coloured cake mixes, icing, sprinkles and toppers!
Each layer of this four-tier Mermaid Cake is flavoured with vanilla, and then sandwiched together using vanilla buttercream and covered with rainbow coloured sprinkles and your favourite designs from our Mermaid topper kit!
The Mermaid Cake kit contains all-natural colours - meaning there are no nasties to worry about. The kit comes with all the dry ingredients perfectly weighed out, disposable baking tins and baking paper. All you need to add is eggs, butter and milk.
What's it good for? The Mermaid Cake makes a fantastic birthday cake for children.
What's in the Box?
The kit contains:
- 4 shades of pink cake mix - including Pale Pink Cake Mix, Light Pink Cake Mix, Medium Pink Cake Mix, Dark Pink Cake Mix
- Icing Sugar
- Icing colouring
- 4 round single use baking tins
- 4 sheets of baking paper
- 1 testing skewer
- 1 butter measure
- 1 cake board
- 1 mermaid topper kit
How to make your Mermaid Cake Baking Kit
The kit comes with a step-by-step recipe card showing you exactly how to make your Mermaid Cake, but it couldn't be more simple!
- Preheat your oven and line each tin with the baking paper provided
- Mix your butter with the contents of Bag 1 before adding 1 egg and 20ml milk. Mix until smooth and creamy, and then pour into the prepared tin
- Repeat with Bag 2, 3 and 4 using a clean bowl and an empty baking tin each time
- Bake the cakes for 20-25 minutes. Leave in the tins for 10 minutes after cooking, and then cool on a wire rack
- For the icing, cream the butter and then gradually add the icing sugar until smooth. Slowly add 40ml of milk until the buttercream is smooth but still stiff enough to hold its shape
- To assemble the cake, first lay the lightest pink layer on the centre of the cake board. Spread over 4 tbsp of the icing onto this layer and then top with the next lightest shade layer. Continue alternating layers of icing and cake using 2 remaining layers
- Use the remaining icing to cover the top and sides of the cake, using a knife to smooth down the surface. Decorate with sprinkles and your favourite designs from the topper kit!
Ingredients and Nutritional Information
Ingredients: Icing sugar: (sugar (97%), maize starch), self raising flour (wheat flour, raising agents (sodium acid pyrophosphate and sodium bicarbonate), statutory nutrition (calcium, niacin, iron, thiamin)), caster sugar, rainbow sprinkles (sugar, maize starch, concentrates (sweet potato, spirulina, radish, apple, carrot, hibiscus), coconut oil, colours (lutein, paprika), glazing agent (beeswax)), baking powder (raising agents (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, calcium phosphate), wheat flour (calcium, niacin, iron, thiamin)), spirulina food colourant: (dextrose, spirulina extract, trehalose, trisodium citrate), red food colouring (carmine, paprika, burnt sugar, gum acacia, maltodextrin, potassium hydroxide, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract), natural vanilla flavour: (natural flavouring substances, carriers: maltodextrin, propylene glycol; anti-caking agent).
Allergens: for allergens, see ingredients in bold
May contain traces of milk, soya and nuts.
Nutritional Information (per 100g as sold): Energy 1601kJ / 377kcal, Fat 0.3g (of which saturates 0.0g), Carbohydrates 91g (of which sugars 75g), Protein 2.2g, Salt 0.04g
Not suitable for vegetarians