How to make it?
1. Heat the oven to 190°C / fan 170°C / gas mark 6. Melt the butter and sugar (bag 1) then leave to cool.
2. Mix the flour, spices and bicarbonate of soda (bag 2) with the butter mixture. Add water, a tablespoon at a time, whilst kneading until the dough holds itself together.
3. Roll out the dough between the A3 baking papers slightly thicker than a pound coin.
4. Use templates to cut two of each shape and use the spare for gingerbread people / biscuits.
5. Unwrap the fruit drops (bag 3) and place into the empty bag provided. Crush with a rolling pin into small pieces. Place your dough shapes onto the A4 baking paper and transfer to a baking tray. Cut a window in each rectangle. Fill the windows with the crushed sweets.
6. Bake each batch for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
7. Sift the icing sugar (bag 4) into a bowl. Whisk the egg white until frothy and add little by little until you have a very thick, but still flowing icing. Place the icing into the piping bag provided.
8. Pipe the icing generously along the wall edges, and piece together.
9. Once the house has set use the leftover icing to pipe designs and stick your sweets (bags 5, 6, 7 & 8) to your gingerbread house.
10. See the recipe card inside for more detailed instructions. Don’t be afraid to experiment with your decorations and have lots of festive fun!
Ingredients and Nutritional Information
Plain white flour (wheat flour, statutory nutrients: calcium, niacin, iron, thiamin), icing sugar, (sugar, anti-caking agent: corn flour), muscovado sugar, snowies (sugar, palm oil, whey powder (from milk), wheat flour (with added calcium, iron, niacin, thiamin), wheat starch, glucose syrup, emulsifier: soya lecithin; flavourings, colours: carotenes, beetroot red, anthocyanins, chrorophyllin; glazing agent: beeswax), fruit drops (glucose syrup, sugar, acid: lactic acid; acidity regulator: sodium lactate; flavours, colours: e141, e161c, e161b, e163), strawberry flavoured pencils (sugar, glucose-fructose syrup, invert sugar syrup, wheat flour, corn starch, palm fat, humectant: glycerol; acids: citric acid, malic acid; potato starch, pork gelatine, flavourings, vegetable oils (coconut, palm kernel), emulsifier: mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids; coconut fat, fruit and vegetable concentrates: carrot, blackcurrant; colour: e120), chocolate beans (sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, dried skimmed milk, tapioca starch, dried whey (from milk), lactose (milk), milk fat, colours (titanium dioxide, curcumin, carmines, beetroot red, sulphite ammonia caramel, mixed carotenes, brilliant blue), emulsifier (soya lecithin), vanilla flavourings, glazing agent (carauba wax)), mini chocolate beans (sugar, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, thickening agent (gummi arabicum), emulsifier ( sunflower lecithine), colours (anthocyanine, copper-chlorophyllin-complex, carmine, curcumin, titaniumdioxide), glucose syrup, glazing agents (shellac, carnauba wax, bees wax), salt, acidity regulator (citric acid), trace of hazelnuts and almonds), marshmallows (glucose-fructose syrup, sugar, water, gelatine, anticaking agent: maize starch; flavouring, processing aid: glycerol), ginger, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice (coriander, cassia, ginger, nutmeg, fennel, cloves).
Allergens: for allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Made in a factory that handles milk, wheat, soya and nuts.
Nutritional Information (per 100g as sold): Energy 1564kJ / 369kcal, Fat 1.88g (on which saturates 1.02g), Carbohydrates 82.22g (of which sugars 47.4g), Protein 4.98g, Salt 0.6g