Panettone is such a classic at Christmas and this month's Bread Baking Club recipe is Chocolate, Cranberry and Orange Panettone. These mini delights are just what you want on a cold morning, warm and fresh out of the oven.
On the off chance that you have any leftovers, why not try turning them into a delicious, hearty bread and butter pudding. This easy recipe can be made the day before which allows the panettone slices to soak up the custard and develop all those amazing flavours and just popped in the oven, perfect for Christmas day dessert.
You will need:
- 300g chocolate, cranberry and orange panettone, sliced
- 75g butter
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 200ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 70g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160c/140c fan/gas mark 3. Grease a 20x20cm tin or a baking dish with butter and leave to one side.
- Generously spread the panettone slices with butter and lay into the tin, slightly overlapping each other to create different heights within the tin.
- In a bowl or a jug, mix together 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk with 200ml of double cream, 200ml of milk and 60g of caster sugar. Whisk together until everything is combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the panettone and allow to sit for 10 minutes (or cover and leave in the fridge overnight if baking the next day).
- Just before putting in the oven sprinkle with the 10g of caster sugar remaining. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the custard has just set and still has a slight wobble.
- Serve warm with cream, custard or ice cream.